How to Spend 1K on an E30 M3

Franklin says:

>Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 13:20:52 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
>From: Franklin Joseph <frj751s@domain.elided>
>Subject: 1K to spend on E30 M3

>Hi
>i plan to attend driver schools and i have money kept for that.
>the $1000 is to make my car go faster for drag racing
>If anyone has a 4.45 ring and pinion for sale, i might take it off
>your hands if the price is right.
>Also, if i put 296 degree cams in my car, what else should i include -
>springs and retainers, guides? how bad will the idle be?

>thanks

>Franklin
>89 M3

Being a "LURKER" (does that mean I have to wear a long rain coat?), I
could no longer stay silent on this one!

Franklin, no offense guy, but if you want a "drag racer" an E30 M3 is
probably the wrong choice.  Save your 1K and buy a Chebby or Mudstang or
any ol' American iron from the late '60s and have a ball!  Put the E30
M3 up for sale here on the digest, take the money and add it your 1K and
have at it on the quarter mile.  Not quite blasphemy to make the M3 a
dragster, but you are going to be embarassed by a lot of lesser makes in
this forum!  But, take 'em to Summit Point, Mid Ohio, any road course
and show 'em what the E30 M3 is really all about!

Chuck
'89 325is
'90 ///M3
NCC
CCA#6832

*** Let the flames begin, I've got my raincoat on! ;-)