Re: Dealer Horror Stories

<You wrote>
http://www.peytonford.com
This has been passed around for a while, dunno who started passing it on. No
matter how ticked you are at your dealer, you'll have a tough time topping
this one.

[Bubba] Michel
Isn't Panoz a woman's shoe?
<end snip>

I realize I'm a bit behind on the digests.  Just got back from two weeks in
Alaska.  Anyway, I actually have a story involving BMW that is almost as
bad.  Last summer I was visiting my Parents in the Wilmington, DE area and
was reading the paper.  On the front page was a story about a BMW mechanic
that was "test driving" a customer car after performing a minor service.
The mechanic was from Union Park BMW in Wilmington and was driving down a
winding road outside of town.  He came to a corner that he couldn't handle
and left the road, went sailing off in excess of 90 mph and destroyed the
car, killing himself in the process. Car was an E36 3 series.  I'm not
certain how Union Park rectified the situation, but I know that they were
not not happy about all the attention that the accident received.

Shane Kleinpeter
Tarheel Chapter
BMW CCA#110057
'88 535is