Re: bmw-digest V9 #220

I know this is a BMW list, but I have a buddy who has a Mercedes 190e 2.6,
and he is looking for a performance chip for it.  Any suggestions?  Where
can I look on the net for such a beast?

As always, thanks for the help.

Oh, almost forgot.  My "click click click" noise has been officially
diagnosed.  Seems there is a rubber flange that surrounds the yoke that
goes into the tranny.  Also, there are transmission mounts inder there.
Well the mounts are stress cracking, which ultimately put extra stress on
the rubber flange causing it to fail.  Now that it is damaged, its
vibration dampening ability is compromised.  Therefore, the yoke rubs
against the slightly sagging transmission during chassis flex.  Which iswhy
I could hear it more pronounced in left turns.

The fix is 90.00 in parts, but 250.00 in labor cause they have to drop the
whole thing to get to it.

I know no one really cared, but I thought I would post it anyhow.

John
95 525iA
BMWCCA GGC

End of bmw-digest V9 #221