<E28> Valve noise on start-up

OK, OK, after reading the digest for several weeks and seeing the messages
about "Lurkers" (Ref. Jim Ochi, etc.) I realized that you were talking about
me (no one referred to me by name, but I figured it out!).  Anyway, I recently
bought an 84 528e (obviously for the smooth ride, and not the track potential)
and I have many questions.  We'll start with what should be an easy one for
y'all...I noticed when I bought the car it rattled when I started it, but went
away when it warmed up.  I figured it needed a valve adjustment and the
friendly folks at Intercontinental BMW, Houston, TX confirmed that.  I did the
adjustment (several of them seemed a little tight) and I thought it helped.
It's been about three weeks since I adjusted them and the noise is as bad as
ever, maybe worse.  It still goes away when it warms up.  Man, it feels great
to not be a Lurker anymore!

Bill K
BMWCCA 160195
BnglowBill@domain.elided