Re: Why a computer in cluster (was: Gremlins in Tank)

Scott Miller <smiller@domain.elided> writes:

> John, that is interesting, educated speculation, and sounds plausible.  So
> if fuel gauge circuits need to be so complicated now, for the reasons
> you mention, I'm just curious:  Do other makes of cars have similar
> circuits and problems?

It would not surprise me, at least with the German makes.  Their automotive
engineers tend to use common solutions, parts and suppliers.  Or as one
engineer put it: "Sie kochen mit Wasser" [They cook with water].

- -John
'96 318is
john.firestone@domain.elided