Re: bmw-digest V9 #214

There are two dealers, both of edens, highway 41.  Fields BMW and Knauz.
I've only had my BMW for 2 months and never had work done at either.  But I
know my dad has all his major service on his benz done at Knauz, it's a
Mercedes/BMW dealer.  But if you just going to get your oil changed, go
over to fields, I'm sure they know how to change oil and won't give  you a
problem. It's only about a 10 minute drive north on 41.  Give them a call,
but Knauz I think is a much more reputable dealer, and much nicer place.
Thats about 30 minutes up 41.  Just check the phone book on them. Hope this
helps.

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 15:08:36 -0500
>From: Conway Chen <chiapet@domain.elided>
>Subject: Time for my first service in Chicago
>
>Hi!  This is my first time posting, so a little forgiveness if I screw up.
>I'm in Chicago for the first time with my car, and it's time for an oil
>change (3000 miles on the odometer).  Unfortunately, I'm not too familiar
>with the dealerships in the Chicago area, and was hoping for some
>recommendations of places to go for my oil change.  Also, since it's my
>only car/mode of transportation, can they do the oil change while I wait or
>provide me an alternate means of transportation while my car is in the
>shop?  For what it's worth, I live in the northern suburbs (Evanston).  All
>comments and suggestions appreciated.   Thanks!
>
>Conway Chen
>'98 323is (straight from Houston and transplanted in Chicago)
>- --
>Conway Chen
>Bellaire HS c/o '95 BABY! / Northwestern University CAS c/o '99
>e-mail: chiapet@domain.elided / finger: ctc213@domain.elided
>World Wide Diho:
><http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/%7Ectc213>http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~ctc213/=A0
>(Updated: 05/20/98 - Click the eye) =20