Re: [E36M3] Separated shock mounts

This is a very common problem on E36 M3s, even cars that have never seen
the track.  If you haven't taken your car on the track, it should be
covered under warranty.  Even if you've taken it to some driver schools,
you should still try to get it covered under warranty.

For those of you who track your cars regularly, you can count on having to
replace these about once a year.

I should quit my day job and move to California.  At $275 a pop, I could
make a nice living.  I wrench on BMWs only as a hobby, but I can do the
repair in about 1.5 hours.  The mounts are about $25 each.

Bob Stommel