<E36> vandalized :(

Today I was on my way back from the University of Cincinnati where I had
some classes. The day was pretty unexceptional and so was the drive home. I
was on a 4 lane road where the speed limit is typically 35mph. I enter the
local school zone (which I go through everyday) and slow down to 20mph. As
I'm driving through I hear this loud thud on the back passenger side corner
of my car. "What in the hell was that?" I'm thinking. I glance over to my
right and notice a group of school kids with a look of shock on their face.
It is a Catholic school, these boys were in uniform and looked like they
were in about 1st or 2nd grade. I stop the car, get out and sure enough
there is a big 2 dent combo in the back passenger door below the rub strip,
also some chips of paint gone. My car is cashmere beige 4dr and just had a
$3,000 repaint back in March so I was not happy at all. I approached the
group of kids and asked "Who through the rock at my car?" One of the kids
said "His name was Zach and he just ran off into that woods over there."
Naturally, by the time I got the car stopped and interrogated these kids, he
was nowhere to be seen. I went into the main office of the school and had a
talk with the principal who was going to look into the matter. I also filed
a police report. It'll probably cost a couple hundred bucks to fix these
damn dents now. Maybe I'll get lucky and they will find the kid and his
parents will own up to it and pay for the damage. I'm not counting on it
though... with my own luck I'll have to pay for it out of my own pocket.
It's such a shame you can't have anything nice anymore without somebody
tearing it up. I always envisioned it would be some jealous punk, not some
little school kid. I'm going to wait a few days and see if I get any
results, otherwise it's back to the bodyshop.... sigh.

Regards,

John

1990 750iL
1992 325iA - with a ding in the back door now. :(
BMW CCA #150800