RE: E28 LSD quest

One can also look at the diff itself and see if there is an S on the little
identifier tab.  If there is, it's LSD.  You may need to liberally degrease
the tab to read it.

You can also use this method to determine if there is an elephant in your
bed.  He'll have an "e" on his pajamas.

A related method for determining if there is an elephant in the
refrigerator requires you to look for his footprints in the butter.

>Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 09:30:33 -0700
>From: "Boyd, David (Neighbour Boy)" <boydd@domain.elided>
>Subject: RE: E28 Differential Quest.
>
>Hi Charles,

>It's very easy to tell whether you have a limited slip or not.  Simply
>jack up the back end and rotate one of the rear wheels with your hand.
>If both wheels spin the same direction you have limited slip.  If they
>spin opposite directions you have and open diff.
>
>I thought the e28 535's came with a 3.25 limited slip, but I'm not sure.
>
>- --David

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ralph H. Lord, Jr.
Product Management/Design Quality