[E36M3] Changing oil using a Topsider?

I have a device called a Topsider that I use to change oil on our Mercedes.
It's a 2.5 gallon can with a manual vacuum pump attached to one lid, and a
long skinny tube attached to the other lid.  It's used to siphon oil from
the engine using the dipstick tube.  Folks on the Mercedes list have been
using this for years.  It actually takes out more oil than conventional
draining in Benzes.

My question--has anyone used this device to remove the oil from their E36
cars?  I'm wondering if the dipstick tube is a fairly straight shot down to
the oil pan and if the dipstick tube reaches to a low spot (or at least the
lowest flat spot) in the oil pan.

Thanks,

John

John Huang
'98 M3/4 (stock, 2500 miles, wants a synthetic oil change)

"No, not THAT John Huang"