S-02 vs MXX3

>Has anybody tried the Bridgestone S-02 Pole Position tire? How does it
compare on performance, >ride and price?

Alex,

I running S-02's coming off the stock MXX3's and here's my read on them:

Performance:  About equal to the MXX3's on long dry sweepers.  Inferior on
tight turns like you would see in an autocross as they do not transition
that well and tend to slide.  In the wet, they so far beyond the MXX3 its
not even an issue. The S-02 is, without a doubt, the most capable wet
street tire I have ever driven on.

Comfort & Ride: Smoother and quieter than the MXX3. Less tendency to 'hunt'
as well.  The clear winner in comfort.

Cost: About $ 20.00 less per tire than an MXX3 last time I checked.  Easily
available, too.

For me its a no-brainer, the S-02 gets the nod as the most all around
capable street tire on the market today. Long as you don't try to autocross
on them, you'll love 'em.

Duane Collie