<E36 M3> Underbody panel (splash shield / shroud) fell off. Again.

The under-body panel (aka splash guard / shroud) broke and fell off
of my '95 M3.  Again.

What's the wisdom on the best way to fix this ill-designed plastic
piece of ...

In addition to the stock '95 M3 under-body panel (I've had two of
these break off), I've heard of different panels for the '97 M3 and
the '95 M3 LTW.

But will they fit the '95 M3? Will they be less likely to break?

I'd like to fix it once and for all, so I'm looking for the best
solution. I was able to talk the stealer (Leith, Raleigh NC) into
fixing for free the last time, but I don't expect to be so fortunate
this time.

Any advice, info, or pointers to such will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
- - Mark Holt
mholt@domain.elided