Re: slick-50 or not ?

>I was told I should add slick-50 to my engine oil.

>Any thoughts pro or con, to adding slick-50 ?

>+Martin
>1988 750iL

Martin, don't do it. This stuff is a total scam and waste of money. Modern
oils don't need additives. Get a good regular oil (been using Castrol GTX
lately) or synthetic (Mobil 1 seems to be one of the most highly
recommended) and change it every 3 or 4k. The 750 uses a lot of oil between
changes, 1 quart between changes is not uncommon. I believe the car needs 8
quarts to fill it. If you want to add an occasional dose of injector cleaner
when you refuel your gas tank, then go to the BMW dealer and get a couple
bottles of their gasoline additive instead. I think it's $1.95 per bottle at
mine. Don't forget to use 91+ fuel too, especially with if you've got chips.
At any rate, forget Slick 50 and save your pocket change for something else
like your next routine service. :-)

Regards,

John

1990 750iL