Re: 2002tii in Y2K +2 years?

>Has the 2002tii's possible return been mentioned on the digest?  I'm
>excited...they're talking a sub 318ti sized car to priced in the teens
>of thousands of dollars.  A lot of potential there for a fun car.

>Dan
>Waiting for the 2002tii's return just in time for my graduation!

There have been rumors about this car for sometime but not much said. Not
too surprising is that it would likely be introduced in 2002. From what I've
heard it is likely to be priced much higher than the teen $k's and might
suffer from highly inflated prices due to die-hard enthusiasts. A good
example would be the VW Beetle. There is a rather long waiting list for a
new one, used ones with 5-10k miles are selling for the price of a new one.
If the "new" 2002 comes to be, I hope this isn't the case. Also, should they
build it, I hope the car doesn't end up costing $40-50k and becoming a
novelty toy instead of the $20k or so car that it should be. BMW must keep a
fine line between affordable pricing and not cheapening the BMW name however
so it remains to be seen what will happen. If BMW plays their cards right
one this one, they could have a serious winner though.

Regards,

John

'90 750iL
'92 325iA