Next best car...

Henry wrote:
> My friend's got a E36 325is and his wife is looking to trade-in
> her Mazda 626. She doesn't want two bimmers in the garage but is
> looking for a car as good or close to her hubby's 325is (must be
> a 4D sedan).
>
> Any suggestions ? I just couldn't give her an answer !!

I agree with Bill Gusky's comment about the Nissan Maxima.  I was in the
market for a new car this past July, and after discounting the 99 328i
(looks like a bathtub, luke warm reviews...) I drove as many 4Dr cars as I
could.  Maxima SE was the winner, if you can get over it's looks (I really
need an E34! or an E36 without the center console).  Soooo, for the next
four years, I'll be testing Mr. Gusky's assertion.  Again, I would much
rather have a Bimmer, but just can't stand the stylistic turn they've
taken.

Hope this helps.  The SE was about 10-12,000 less than comparable (well,
not really, but still interesting) 328i.  Now, if only they came with rear
wheel drive...

Pete