Pinging

It's official!!  The noise coming from my engine is pinging.  At least
that's what the tech at the dealer said.  The tech suggested that I
switch over to Chevron gas which I aready use and try to put some
techron additives in my gas tank a couple of times.  What do you guys
think.  It seems that the a-hole that owned the car before I did must
have used some cheap gas(just bought the car 2 1/2 months ago).  Is
there anything else I could do to try to get rid of the pinging befor I
have to take it to the dealer so they could clean the pistons?
OOOUUCCHH!!!!!  I would really appreciate any input!!  TIA!

Manuel Paredes
1995 325i w/sports pack.

P.S.  Ping is low when a/c is not on.  Go figure!