B&B Triflo - Typical Owner

>I am currently looking at after market exhaust systems and was wondering if
>anyone had any experience with the B&B Triflow system. I have heard a
couple
>of good things about this system but am looking for more feedback. I am
also
>looking for a good source for this system.
>Jeff
>'96 M3 - Stock exhaust.

Jeff,

B&B makes a good pipe if you get one of the newer ones with the reinforced
triangular buttressing around the pipe-to-can weld.  The older ones all
cracked there - damn near every single one. The best and least expensive way
to buy a B&B is directly from them....ask them for a factory reconditioned
unit and if you're not picky on the tips and don't need it to shine like a
new penny, then you can get one for several hundred less than full retail.
All that stainless steel shine fades in a month anyway.

B&B stands behind their pipes.  Break one and they repair/replace it - no
hassle.

Major Benefits = !) saves about 30 lb. over the stock pipe. 2) Loudest
aftermarket pipe.

Major Downers = in and of itself it DOES NOT produce more power.
Fergitaboutit for true performance as a stand alone unit. Booming low end
resonance makes all but the most Rabid of drivers nuts after a bit.

Typical newbie B&B Owner:

Day 1: "Wow - this pipe is THE BOMB!  It be all shiny n'stuff  and makes the
most awesome sound"
Days 2 - 5: "I'm badddddddddddddd. Lets kick some F-Body ass!"
Day 6: "Hmmmmm....stereo sounds like crap. Pipe makes alotta booming at low
rpm.
Days 8-9: "Anyone tried Dynamat in the trunk for noisy exahust muffling?"
Days 10 -12: "It's only a little better with the windows up".
Day 13: "Can I rig up a cut-out switch to an alternate muffler?"
Day 14: FOR SALE: (1) B&B Triflo Cat Back Pipe.  Used only 2 weeks. $ 350.00
Buyer pays shipping.

Duane Collie
2 years with B&B on the Rabidmobile......'WHAZZAT?  CAN"T HEAR YA....WANNA
SPEAK UP?"
National Capital Chapter