hairy eyes, fishy palms

well, not really.  I had thoughts about a response to both the hairy eye and
Monica threads as a digest of sorts, but...

So dear list readers, how old were you when you first -----

learned to drive?

I lived in Nebraska and got a learner's permit at 14, license at 15 'cause I
lived in the country and qualified for a "farm permit".  Dad was a professor
at the local college, Mom a music teacher in the public schools.  I was not
much of a farmer, but DID work on a farm every summer through high school.

No traffic, back country roads, gravel, irrigation ditches, corn-fed
farmers' daughters...

Jan