RE: Idle miss in M3

>I bought a 1995 BMW M3 approximately four weeks ago.  I recently noticed
>that the engine was randomly missing at idle speeds.
>I am struggling with this explanation and searching for a second opinion.
>- - Bryan Davis

Bryan,

This is characteristic of virtually all BMW straight 6 engines. Don't be
concerned with it in the least. It really is normal.

Instead, (evil grin) worry about your rear shock upper pad mounts and
trailing arm bushings, Reinforced or updated transmission mounts to prevent
the dreaded rotational torque/missed shift, and whether or not you have the
hardened valve retainers! Oh, and don't ferget the front wheel bearings......

Duane Collie
RM3DR1/UUC/PFest 2
National Capital Chapter