Follow-up - Intermittant Fan Speed Problem

Thanks to the several dozen of you who replied to my questions on this
topic.  All replies pointed to one of two problem areas:

1.  Bad solder joints on the resistor pack itself.
2.  Bad contacts at the resistor pack connector.

Most just fixed the bad connections and have had no further problems.
A couple replaced the resistor pack.

Since I've got to access the resistor pack anyway, and since it doesn't
cost much (about $15 U.S.?), I'm going to replace it and clean the
connector contacts.  Then I'll re-solder the old one and keep it as a
spare.

One reply mentioned how terribly low tech these things are,  just bare
coils of wire between connections.  I replaced one of these on my 1966
Chevy Pick-up years ago (or was it my 1974 Trailduster?), and I guess
the design hasn't really changed.  Although, I rather liked the variable fan
speed control in my old 630CSi.  I love to play with anything that is
adjustable, and the more adjustments, the better!

Well, thanks again to all, I think we've beaten this one to death.

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977
1990 325i/is hybrid with 4 fan speeds no one fan speed no 4 again no...