e36 runs great- perpetually

Eddie,
Was it your car that locked you in and wouldn't let the windows work also?
Those were additional symptoms in some recent case.

When your car had the problem, did you notice if the headlights and such
worked with the key in OFF?

If you're so inclined, there's a place called Programa that sells used
electrical components.  They advertise in the Roundel.  But the dealer
probably wouldn't install used stuff.

I haven't had ignition coils go out.  We'll see.  Keep my fingers crossed.

I knew I should have bought a 93.  The ironic thing is that I'm driving my
Alfa Spider as backup for the BMW (for the second time).  Think of that -
Alfa as reliable alternative for BMW.  I should have bought an Alfa Milano
instead of the E36.

Greg