Cone filter install question

This may be a dumb question, but I've been looking over websites for an
answer, but so far have found none.   I'm trying to install a cone K&N
filter and heat shield in my 325IS ('93 E-36) the Duane Collie way
(cheap is good!) for track days and don't know what to do with the
little gadget that is bolted to the bottom of the factory airbox.  It
has two "smallish" rubber hoses that connect to it, and is held to the
airbox by one bolt. Heck, I don't even know what it is or does.  (PCV
valve?)   Anyway, what is the best thing to do with it when the cone is
installed?  I'd really appreciate a prompt reply if at all possible (or
e-mail directly) 'cause I plan to really dig into the project Sunday
morning.  Thanks for any help!  Ken    drken@domain.elided