<E30> Turn Signal blinking fast

>Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 17:23:46 EDT
>From: TomMcPhers@domain.elided
>Subject: Turn signal problem

>I have an 87 325es with the typical left front turn signal problem.  It
blinks
>fast all the time.

Hi

A common E30 problem. If replacing the bulb and scratching at the bulb
contact does not work, you need to get at the push on connectors for the
turn signal assembly and clean them up. On the older E30 cars you can
get at this from under the hood just reach down below the grill where
they are and I think the backs of the signals are accessible.

On the newer E30s ( possibly 1987 and definitely 1988 like mine) the
only way to get at this turn signal assembly is to remove the front
bumper.

Sounds like a big job, but it is really easy. It is held on by 2 hex
screws on the underside of the bumper. I forget the size (10 thru 13MM).
Just be careful you don't pull the turnsignal wires out when the bumper
is loose.

It's worth cleaning the contacts, as these turn signal assembly's are
around $25 each. If yours is really rotted out etc., get your checkbook
out.

A two SAM ADAMS job, if you are slow.

Don Stevenson/BMWCCA Boston Chapter
(1988 325IS, no power steering, cracked foglights, nonarythmic turn
signals)