UUC Upgrade - Cone Filter

>I always wanted to do the exact thing Jim is talking about here,
>switching to a cone filter before weekend events.  I asked about it
>when I ordered my euro intake kit from Turner but the person I spoke
>with said THEY didn't sell one.
>
>Now I'm wondering, you guys with cone filters and the larger AFM, did
>you buy a kit? Or did you have to fabricate one for yourself?  Thanks.

Carlos,

Well ya know...CHEAP IS GOOD.

So I made mine. Bought a K&N from a speed shop for about $ 40.00 (exact
model I forget - I'd haveta get the number off the filter but it had a 3.5"
diameter hole), bought a small chunk of 3.5" exhaust pipe from a
Kenworth/GMC-WHITE truck dealer ( $ 8.00), cut it to fit, and then went to
Home Depot and got a PVC plumbing pipe connector of rubber for $ 6.00
(again 3.5" Diameter) and then clamped it all up.

Don't forget the fan wash shield or all is for naught!  You can make one
outta tin, or get Milos Carbon Fiber unit.  Milos took my design pattern
and made them outta C.F.

Plus it sounds kewl as all get out.

Duane Collie
RM3DR1/UUC/P'Fest