<E30> '90 iX Ignition Wires Upgrade/Replacement

Well, after a very exciting Friday afternoon, the '90 'iX had a short
trip to the dealer.  Driving home from just getting the new plates,
a pop and a hiss lots of white smoke and I shut the iX down.  A short
flatbed
trip to the dealer and they did an inspection of what happened.
Apparently
the A/C hose is now running right next to the exhaust manifold. (a bad
place?)
The dealer says that the entire A/C system is aftermarket and should be
replaced with
a factory one.  He then goes on to say, by the way, the ignition wires
are also
aftermarket and missing the inductance wire on the six cylinder.  Oh,
that
I should also replace the entire cooling system (including the
radiator).
But, I think one step at a time.  Should I replace the ignition wires
with
oem, or should I go for aftermarket performance wires?  If the
aftermarket
performance wires, which ones are recommended by those here on the
digest?

Thanks,

Tristan
'90 iX no factory ac, no factory cooling system, no factory ignition
wires
'97 528i factory everything