Fog lights

Two incidents happened this evening that inspired me to send this message.
We've been having some interesting threads on street racing but maybe it's
time to change the subject.  Here is the situation.  Tonight was a clear
moonlight evening with great visibility.  This being the case, why did I see
at least 15 cars with their foglights on during my 30 minute commute home?
What are these people thinking?  The two worse cases involved a kid in a
Ford Probe that was using just the yellow, tiny foglights as the only
illumination on the entire vehicle.  No headlights, no taillights, no side
markers, just two dimly lit, yellow, pools of lights, and to top it off,
they were at the bottom of the front spoiler, only about 3 inches off the
ground.  He probably thought this was cool, but it's dangerous, stupid and
makes one consider social Darwinism.  These are definetely genes that need
to be removed from the pool.

The second incident was with a Ford Explorer.  They were driving with the
low beams on and the fog lights going strong.  With my little three series
car, the headlights hit me right between the eyes as it is, but add the fog
lamps to the mix and it's distracting, a waste of good bulbs and generally a
nuisance.  I don't know if it bothers anyone else, but to see perfectly good
lights used the wrong way irritates me.  Thanks for the time and space to
vent.