Re: E28 Scary Brakes...bad advice

Jefrem Iwaniw responds to Tony Lin's serious brake problem:

>Being no E28 expert, I won't go into the possible accumulator bomb
>scenarios, if they are indeed applicable.  However, your symptoms sound
>like a classic case opf old brake fluid.  <cut the brake fluid lesson>

Hey Jefrem, I see that you've book ended the E28 cars with your '72 2002
and a '94 525i.
So since your not an E28 expert I wouldn't go dismissing the brake bomb
because it is INDEED applicable!  The lesson you provided on changing
brake fluid is fine but these cars have a history of this problem.  Ask
me how I know and I'll tell you how damn scary it was to do a panic stop
while panicked!

Being no 2002 expert I'll keep my '02 views to myself so nobody will die
using my advice.

Curt Kiser
BMW CCA #118507 Tidewater Virginia Chapter
85' 535i
86' 325
Here are some thoughts:

I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.

Why do people who know the least know it the loudest?

A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.