Re: BMW Canada's Econimics Lesson

I couldn't help but laugh out loud about the ridiculous reasoning BMW
Canada used to explain why their parts/accessories prices are higher
than in the states. The funniest sound bite of 'em all was this one...

>Some Canadians have found ways around the pricing situation by buying
directly from the USA, and all that does is drive the price up here
even higher...<

HA!!! I'll tell you what, Boris Yeltsin aught to hire the guy that
wrote that! I'm afraid the basic laws of supply and demand dictate
that if people buy more and more products somewhere else, demand for
your products will decrease. And the primary way to rebuild demand for
your products -- AND STAY IN BUSINESS -- is to lower prices - not
raise them! If the free market system operated the way BMW Canada
thinks it should, we'd all be driving Trabants by now!

Tom
==
97 M3, estoril/mulberry, 2dr, 5spd, lux, H-K   / / / / /   |/   |
VDO Gauges, RD strut brace, Clear lenses      / / / / /    /    |
Also a non-lux front grill & spoiler         /_/_/_/ /__/|__/|__|