[E34] Leather door panels

We've recently bought a '92 E34, a great ride with just under 80k, but
as with any bimmer of its age and experience, a few quirks.  The three
that are bothering me most are that the interior door handle on the
right rear door isn't working (the outside one does), but I'll try to
figure that one out by popping the door panel.  The A/C isn't very cold,
and I suspect that's because I'll need to fix the aux fan.  But the one
I really need guidance on is regarding the leather door panels on the
left interior doors.  The leather inserts above the armrests are coming
unglued at the rear of the panels.  It isn't too bad yet, but I'd like
to get them re-stuck before they fall off completely.  I've thought
about using some 3M spray adhesive that is very strong, but knew from
years of experience to ask the digest first.  I'd appreciate any
suggestions.

Patrick Mulry
'92 E34
'81 E21 (dear departed)