Autox Results

My first attempt at autox is complete. Thanks for the helpful hints from
the list on my autox tire pressure and car behavior.  I am happy to report
that I and my car survived without damage :-)

The FTD was 41.x from the Formula V.  The fastest time from an experienced
BP Grandsport Vette was 46.9.  The good  experienced A stock guys were
48-52 on autox tires.  In my first official attempt at autox in the A Stock
novice class I got a best time of 54.6.  I was on street tires and had
clean runs each time. These times are for today's runs.  This was a 2-day
event so I actually got to run the track six times.  I ran tire pressures
of 40 lbs in the front and 35 in the back.  I didn't experience any
understeer but I am still learning how to drive.  I managed to find the gas
pedal because I chirped the tires in 2nd gear.

The autox track was on a helicopter pad at Ft. Monroe in Hampton, Virginia.
I really liked it.  I am looking forward to the next one.  I think I might
get to do another next week.

The fellow BMW guys were very friendly.  There were 3 of them in the event
- - Z3,325i and 2002.  The M3 also seems to be a popular topic of discussion.
Many people approached me to ask questions about the car.  I am very happy
with my choice.

Rebecca