733I airconditioning problems.

The air-conditioning system on my  1984 733I has stopped making cool air.  I
had the local mechanic charge the system with freon but have had no
significant improvement.  Every component seems to working i.e. fans,
compressor and blend door solenoid is opening.

After pulling of various parts of the interior I found a brass colored valve
block (passenger side)  which has two copper lines going in and two lines
going out.  The lower line splits in two and goes into the diffuser in the
air box.  The lower line if frosting up and there is a small amount of
compressor oil leaking from the bottom of this valve.

Does anyone know if this is my problem? What is the name of the part so that
I might order it?  I'm planning on ordering said part and taking it to the
mechanic for replacement.  Ozone considerate I guess.

 Thanks in advance dp.