Re: E30 M3 - Is this guy for real? (Ceccoto)

>From: "Scott Buchanan" <87535is@domain.elided>
>Subject: FS:  E30 M3 - Is this guy for real?

>Here's the complete ad I saw in the Charlotte (NC) Observer today.  I don't
>know anything about the car or the seller, and the area code isn't local.
>Is this guy for real?

>"1989 M3, Johnny Ceccoto series, 25K miles, black int/ext, in storage,
>bought/shipped from Germany, all books, papers, DOT certification, not a
>grey auto.  Immaculate and in excellent condition.  Offers above $50K or
>trade for new M3 or 5 series.  828-586-9124."

>What is a Johnny Ceccoto series, and would anybody really be willing to pay
>$50K for this thing?

A Ceccoto E30 M3 is an Evo 2 E30 M3 with a special commemorative plaque,
signed by Johny Ceccoto. It is a limited edition model (around 505 in
total, 25 of which were signed by Roberto Ravaglia and were imported to the
UK). The Evo 2 had the 220 PS, non-catalyzed 2.3 lt engine, instead of the
195 PS, catalyzed, standard E30 M3 engine (for more information check the
following WEB page: http://www.artglenn.com/bmwm3/ (see the evolutions
section).

The car costs around $20,000 in the UK (for the mileage you quoted). Asking
price of $50,000 is RIDIQULOUS. STAY AWAY!!! If there's no mistake in the
price you quote, then the owner is looking for victims (seriously). Even
the ultra desirable, limited edition M3 Sport Evolution (238 PS, 2.5 lt
catalyzed engine, only 600 in the world) costs no more than $35,000 for a
car with 25,000 miles. The one and only Sport Evolution in the USA (owned
by Chetan Marfatia) was bought for about $30,000 (Chet, is that correct?).
The only thing is that this car was never exported to the USA, but that
doesn't account for such a high price (at least not now that you can still
find a very cheap one from Germany or England - maybe in 10 years time).

For more information contact me privately.

Regards
George Nikas
London, England
E30 M3 Sport Evolution with a "hot" attitude.

End of bmw-digest V9 #145