<E30> Suspension Tech

I've decided to upgrade my Bimmer's suspension, and would like to hear
the Digest's collective wisdom on the following options:

The most likely scenario is that I'll pick up a set of E30 M3 springs
and match them with Bilstein HD shocks.

However, I've also considered the H&R OE springs (again, with the
Bilsteins).

I'm not going to be able to upgrade the sway bars for a while...  My
friend has a VW Corrado <shudder!> with Neuspeed progressive-rate
springs and stock shocks.  His setup is a little stiff for me, but I'd
like something similar.  How do the two options above compare in ride
comfort, and more importantly, handling?  Is there any other option I
should look at?

Thanks.

   KC Boyce
   '85 325e