Re: CB Radios

Dean asks:

> I'm looking for a CB Radio, and any advice would be appreciated.
>
> If anyone has one, could you please tell me what you have?  Manufacturer and
> model would be helpful, as would any opinions.
>
> My criteria are (in order of importance):
> 1. Range
> 2. Portability (I don't want to mount it in my car)
> 3. Price.
>
> Ideally, I would like a unit with the regular 40 channels and Upper and
> Lower Sideband channels, with a magnetic antenna so I can take it in the
> house when I'm done driving.

The best CBs seem to be coming out of Cobra these days.  They have a
great unit that is just a little bigger than a normal microphone and it
has all the electronics in it you could want.  There is a base connector
that has the hook ups for power and the antenna that can be mounted if
you want (I didn't) so the whole radio is pretty much portable.  I'd
recommend getting a K40 antenna magnetic mount antenna for range.
You'll pay a bit more but get a _lot_ more antenna with this.

Cobra is on the net at http://www.cobraelectronics.com/ and K40 is at
http://www.k40.com .  10-4?
- --
Pat Donahue CCA 125031