Re: bmw-digest V9 #141

Hi Kurt,
	I believe the difference is in the material and BMW part cost.  I believe the
stuff the muffler guy would use is not Stainles Steel.  The stuff thats OEM or
equivalent is SS.  Ask your guy how much a SS system cost to put on?  I bet
theres a big difference.  You'll bet the SS system will last alot longer also?

The single pipe conversion is fine as long as it's big enough to handle the
exhaust load.  I think the OEM 2-2.25" pipes are the same flow as 3.5" single
pipe.  It's around that size.  The change in back pressure will only effect
low end torque a little.  If it's less restrictive, the top end will work
better, but low end suffers ever so slightly.  Where do you wan't the power?

Take Care,
Russ
535iS  heavily Dinazized