Re:Rotary engines and rotation

<<Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 12:40:12 -0500
From: RangeR BoB <samurai@domain.elided>
Subject: Rotary engines and rotation

Sorry Chris, but you seem to misunderstand the principle of the
rotary.  The rotors and eccentric shaft both rotate in the same
direction, but the rotor moves 1/3 as fast as  the eccentric, becasue of
there being three sides all going thru the same 4 stroke behavior.

RangeR
   BoB
 Hembrook>>

Are you herein questioning the Christopher?  forsooth, how be it then? - if
the rotor rides upon the journal of the ecenrick shaft and an internal ring
gear is pressed in thereat, which ring gear mates and meshses with a smaller
gear - one a third it's size on the side housing - which gear is in reduction
to the internal ring gear of the rotor,  and said side and ring gear serve to
compliment each other in the goal and objective of reducing the speed of the
rotor by an order of 2/3s, how is it then that the rotor must not be in revere
direction? is not the action of two gears to reverse the direction of the
other? Please help me for I am lost and seek light.

Christopher