E30 rear suspension problems.....

Hi fellow digesters,

I have just had a nasty shock on my E30 325i. Last year I lowered the
suspension (35mm), and fitted 17" rims with nice 205 40ZR 17 Yokohama's, =
it
looked good. Yesterday I was driving home when I thought the road was
getting even bumpier than usual. After a few seconds I realised that I ha=
d a
puncture in a rear tyre.............

When I got home, (I was just around the corner from my house when it
happened!), I removed the rear tyre to find that it had completely worn
through the rubber, canvas and steel belting on the inner edge and had
actually created a hole in the sidewall!!! Now I know that lowering the
suspension increases the rear camber angle, BUT I have 5-6mm of tread on =
the
outer side of the tyre and holes where the inner sidewall should be!!! Th=
ese
tyres are only 11 months old and have covered about 6000 miles.

Question - Does this sound excessive? Is there any way of adjusting the r=
ear
camber or are there any kits available to do it? Or am I going to have to
shell out =A3215 (as I had to today) ,every 11 months for new boots?

Thanks
Sean

http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~scm1/bmm.htm

'90 E30 325i SE with two new rear tyres and a miffed owner........