Re: Gyro Stabilizers (Ston's solution and the rotary connection)

**Rob

"Steve D'Gerolamo" <steved3@domain.elided> wrote:

    Another idea - why doesn't a rotary engine work as a gyroscope in a car?
I have strong reasons to suspect it does but the effect is dampened by the
mass of the car.  Probably why nobody ever built a rotary motorcycle.  Left
turn -> BONK!

FYI

Suzuki made one, was shocked as H*** when I saw it, the engine was stamped
w/ 2500 on it and speedo listing up 160, looked to be a mid 70's.  It was at
Harold LeMay's open house and car show.  Harold has the worlds largest
collection of vintage cars, unfortunately I only saw two BMWs there, both
Isettas.  He had an incredible selection of cars and other vehicles and
"junk", though only a fraction of the collection was on display.  When I get
my pictures developed I will see about putting them up somewhere.

Barry