Who's this BMWROCKET Guy?

Sincere appreciation to all who emailed me with their personal comments after
the
Tim Youart / Jim Powell / BMW Digest apology....I enjoyed your latest Top Ten
List, Jim, even though some of them went over my head.  Illustrates I've
lightened up!

Many of you called me a "LURKER" (pretty neat term) in reference to my lack of
input on the digest so I thought I should open up my BMW side to all the
regulars.

In 1995 I loaded a brand, spanking new Boston Green 325is on a transporter and
shipped it to Osh Minelian at Race Marque Systems in Van Nuys, CA.  For what
seemed like the price of a Ferrari 355 F1 I was returned a BMW which more
closely resembled a Super Touring car.  Osh reworked the entire engine,
exhaust, brakes suspension, aerodynamics, body panels, moldings, lights and
running gear.  You're right, I could have bought an ///M3, and half of another
one when everything was totalled up, but I was out of control and couldn't
stop myself each time Osh would call and say, "Tim, you know what else would
look cool, or make it faster, or corner flatter, or stop faster."  It looks
just like an ///M3 except there are no markings anywhere except a silver RMS
emblem above the right rear tail light.  Most recently I stopped just short of
sending it back to Osh for a 3.2 liter stroker w/ racing pistons transplant,
but the already highly tuned motor isn't quite worn out yet with only 19,000
miles, but I have agreed to one more addition.....a Vortech supercharger.  I
need a blower like I need another hole in my head, but I can't shake the
sound, the fury, of Osh lighting up, igniting to be exact, a set of Pilot
MXX3's on 19" BBS wheels through 2 full gears in a M3 stroker test mule with a
Stage III Vortech blower!
As much as I love BMW's, I'm an open wheel fanatic, spenting way too much time
and money at Jim Hall's Shifter Kart school in Ventura, CA and Derek Daly's
racing school in Las Vegas.  I recently won one of (4) test drives in Tony
Kanann's LCI Champ car through the LCI UltimateRide.com contest (see
www.ultimateride.com) scheduled for November 7, 1998.  I'm really excited and
looking forward to that!
I have virtually no mechanical ability and I'm extremely envious of all you
guys (gals) who diagnose and repair your own car problems.  I read every
digest thoroughly hoping to ingest some of the information through osmosis.
>From now on I'll try to jump in the forum when I feel I have something
constructive to add.  Maybe just enough not to be labeled a LURKER.  "Keep it
between the gutters."  Best regards,

Tim Youart
RMS 325is
New Mexico, Roadrunner, Rocky Mountain and Sin City Chapter Member
Albuquerque, New Mexico