Re:SS solution for 85 535i

<<Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 11:14:56 -0700
From: "James Donohoe" <James.Donohoe@domain.elided>
Subject: SS for E28?

Did anyone ever come up with a SS solution for the older E28 vehicles? I
have a 1985 535i that I'm going to replace the bushings on and though I'd
shorten the throws if possible. Thanks in advance!

- - -james>>

James,

I have an 86 535i and I installed the M Roadster shifter in it.  My car does
have the cast aluminum socket mount though.  In order to install it the way I
wanted I needed to modify the tower.  It works great and not a bend in
sight...Kinda an ACS for the     E-28.  Funny thing though,  as short as the
throws felt after I installed it I'm thinking - you know it could even be
shorter...

Best regards,

Christopher