<E30> A/C Problem

I've had my car now for about a month. When I bought it, the
A/C worked perfectly and blew cold air even while stationary
as long as the engine was running. Today that isn't the case
and the car has been blowing luke warm air into the car esp.
when doing in-town driving. Occasionally it will blow a short
burst of cold air through the center ducts although the side
air ducts seem to blow colder air especially when I speed up.
( I have the intake ducts set up at the recommended positions
for the summer. The middle one is to the right while the top
and bottom are to the left) I checked the sight glass above the
a/c dryer and didn't see any bubbles in it. The blower seems
to work fine and I am baffled by what might be wrong. Any
suggestions will be very much appreciated. Thanks

Mike '86 325 166K mi