<E36> Alarms-Engine Kill

I'm getting a '93 325is with no alarm system and will need to install one.

Sound Conceptions has a conversion harness for the E36 which appears to open
up a number of possiblilities with respect to installing an alarm system in
this vehicle.  I notice a number of the offerings have something called
engine kill output.

Is this more hype than substance? ie Is engine kill supported but not
supplied?  Can anyone point me to more definitive info?  Seems to me an
alarm just delays the theft of the vehicle and frequently annoys neighbors.
Immobilizing the car makes more sense.