Re: How did I get into BMW

G'day from Downunder,
In August 1988 I was offered a figure too good to refuse for my much
modifed but very rusty 1981 Nissan Bluebird (200 kph - 16.1sec standing
quarters) and went looking for something different. The local Trading Post
newspaper had 2 ads I considered worthwhile looking at: One for a 1970 Fiat
132S and the other for a 1971 2002. I visited the Fiat first as I sort of
"knew" that the other car would be the one. The Fiat was maroon, auto,
rusty and wandered from side to side with a mind of it's own. No sale
there!!!!
Then I went to see the '02. Bear in mind that I didn't even know what a
2002 looked like,  let alone anything about them. I had a friend with me as
well to discuss the pros and cons of any purchases. Well what can I say.
The owner opened the garage door and backed this wonderful little machine
out.
Pure white with blacked out grill, tinted windows, 13 x 6 BBS wheels with
205 - 60 tyres, I was hooked. My friend, who was supposed to talk me out
rushing in just said "You're going to buy this aren't you?" and the rest as
they say is history.

Ian Solomon
Member #257
BMW Club Queensland. Australia