Getting into BMW's

I found my first on the back lot of a dealer in Alvin, TX.  My company had
just decided to abandon company cars and I was just out to find something
simple. It's a Safari Beige 1982 320i, 78K miles and was headed for
auction.  Sitting beside a very sad looking white 320 sport with black
recaro-like seats and spoilers that looked like it had been used as a stone
chip magnet.  Chips and rust everywhere.  Mine had shot clutch hydraulics,
a seized A/C compressor and a trunk full of rain but it ran like a bat out
of hell and was very tight.  No choice from that point on, I had to have
it.  Thus begins my sad spin.  I have now three additional Bimmers and
probably have no hope of stopping now.  Looking for that elusive perfect
'02 now.

Bob Duckworth