<E36> Window Self-sealing Rubber strip woes

Hi all,

I was wondering:

A: Has anyone out there ever had a problem with the self-sealing window
rubber strips that close up and seal the window in when the window
closes. My mom's car is having a problem with the window not going
inside the strip and the strip sealing itself on top. Instead the window
moves up and over the strip. How can this be alieviated? Do I need a new
rubber strip? Should I replace it anyway since the car's 4.5 years old?

B: How does one go about replacing this. Just pop it out or what? I've
tried to look in the Haynes manual, but it only has window removal, door
removal, not the rubber self-sealing strip though.

Any help would be appreciated.

- --
:)Regards
- -Chris Graff