<E30> Air Flow Meter

  I've checked the resistance on the air flow meter on my 88 325iC and its
shot.  Resistance jumps around including a couple of opens and shorts.
 I've checked around and seen the part for BMWs at about $250.  That seems
rather silly, since the only thing wrong is the resistive trace on a 2x3
peice of circuit board.  Has anyone found any workarounds for this?
  I've also heard that you could get an air flow meter for a different car,
but it was the exact same Bosch part, at a much lower cost.  Anyone know of
any truth to this?

  Thanks,
Keith Turner

88 325iC