M3 rear main seal

I feel like a genius today.  I figured out why my M3 is making a
squealing noise.  First the dealer thought is was the water pump.  Nope,
not the water pump.  Then they said it was the timing chain.  The parts
are on order for the timing chain.  Well, it's not the timing chain.
Several people had suggested to me that it could be the rear main seal.
The dealer said no way.  Can't be the rear main seal.  I told the dealer
that bmw had issued bulletins about the rear main seal on the M3.  They
still told me no way.  Can't be the rear main seal.  Well, I tried a
little experiment today.  I got the M3 all nice and warmed up so it was
squealing real loud, and then I popped the hood and removed the oil
filler cap.  Guess what?  No more squeal.  It's the rear main seal!!  I
told the dealer about my little experiment and they agree .
They now have a rear main seal on order.  Now doesn't this inspire
confidence in your bmw dealer?  They had the car twice and couldn't
figure out what was wrong with it.  Thanks to the people on the digest
who suggested the rear main seal.  You were smarter than my bmw dealer.
If they had thought to remove the oil filler cap it would have taken
them about 10 seconds to diagnose the problem.

Suzy
97 M3