Re: bmw-digest V9 #112

Thien,

I just fixed the same window.  The problem on mine is the motor.

This is what I did to check;

1.  remove the door trim panel, go to Brett Anderson's webpage for the
direction,
     http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

2.  disconnect the motor from the harness (the motor is at the front end
of the door),

3.  turn the ignition to 'ON' position and place a voltmeter across the
connector and
     press the either the up or down button (depending on the connection
the meter
     should show 12v, one will be '+' and the other '-', just interchange
the connection),

4.  if you get a voltage reading, then most likely it's the motor.  I
confirmed it by removing
     the motor. There are two torx head screwdrivers (T-20) facing upside
down that hold the
     motor to the assembly.

5. Reconnect the motor to the harness then press the up and down  button.
 That
     threaded shaft should turn if the motor is okay, if it didn't then
replace that.  If it did, i'm
     sorry.  I guess you have to replace the regulator and I don't have
an experience on that yet.

I ordered a used motor from autosports unlimited that came with the
regulator.  I just used
the motor and kept the regulator.

My window goes up and down again.  Now, i have to fix the power lock on
the passenger side.

Have fun.

Jay G.
NJ chapter
'84 325e

>Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 11:02:20 -0700
>From: Thin Dinh <tdinh@domain.elided>
>Subject: E30 Passenger Side Window
>
>Hey All,
>
>Just recently my passenger side window does not go down anymore on my
>'85 325e two dour. The Driver side goes down no problem, but the
>passenger side does not budge. Is there a quick fix to this? Like a
>fuse
>in the fuse box, or relay somewhere? Any info would much be
>appreciated.
>
>thanks
>thien

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]