'89 E30 M3 coolant temp 3/4 way in stop-and-go traffic

     Hi all

     See if this sounds familiar ...

     I bought this car 2 months ago and have been driving it normally (no
     track time whatever... yet).

     Ever since I bought the car the coolant temp has been in the 3/4 range
     in stop-and-go traffic. It has not gone to red. The temp would go back
     to 1/2 way when crusing on on the highway. There is no lost of
     coolant. And I just yesterday added Redline Water Wetter - No help.

     I explained the problem away with the hot and rather humid wheather
     recently in the San Fran area. But now that the wheather is cooler I
     am still seeing the same problem.

     Well :

     1. Is this a problem that I shoud be concern with ?

     2. If it is, what can be wrong ?

     Thanks,
     Gak-Wee
     BMW CCA #157690