[Q] Used Euro BMW Purchase for USA

Recently I travelled to Europe and saw several E36 wagons.  I'd really
like to own one here in the USA.

1) Is it possible to import one?  If so, what is the process?
2) What costs are involved in importing one?

I'm surprised that BMW never imported this car to the USA.  Look at the
wagon market that Audi and Volvo have to themselves.  Even though the
Accord (last model), Camry, and Legacy wagons offer the same sized
vehicle in a lower price range, people (including myself) are willing to
spend the extra money for a nice wagon.

Thanks for your responses.

Ron Buchalski
1995 E36 M3